Our vision for St John the Baptist Primary School is to enable all
children to achieve their full potential in a safe, welcoming and happy
We will strive to create responsible citizens who are independent
and confident lifelong learners equipped to meet the challenges of a changing future.
This will be achieved within an inclusive, Church school environment that values every individual and celebrates the diversity of our community.
At St John’s Roman Catholic Primary School we aim to:
- Have high expectations of children and to provide varied learning experiences within a broad and balanced curriculum
- Provide a stimulating, attractive and interactive environment that promotes learning
- Ensure that all children have an equal opportunity to achieve their full potential - this will be achieved through positive action regarding culture, religion, gender, ability and aptitude
- Nurture a learning community of families, governors and other individuals to enrich educational opportunities
- Develop self esteem, respect and social skills enabling children to form positive relationships within school and in the context of a modern multi-cultural society.
The ethos and atmosphere underpin the agreed aims of St John’s as a Church school. Teachers provide a broad and balanced curriculum that develops the skills, concepts and knowledge necessary for future learning. The ethos of the school is achieved through:
- A polite and welcoming environment for children, staff, parents andmembers of the community
- A happy and supportive atmosphere in which we look after each other and learn together
- A calm environment in which good behaviour is encouraged and rewarded
- A stimulating working environment in which each child can achievehis or her potential
- A a full range of extra curricular activities within school to developthe ‘whole’ child
- Valuing and celebrating pupils’ successes and achievements
- Providing positive role models
- Maintaining purposeful and informative planning, record keeping and assessment documents
- Reviewing personal and professional development by providing appropriate Inset, training and support to ensure a high level of professional expertise
- Welcoming, supporting and tutoring teaching and non-teaching students